Tuesday, October 5, 2010

A Few Things


1. Every little boy needs a dog and a tonka truck.
2. I officially feel like a mother of two now that I am feeling little subtle taps on my womb. It never gets old.
3. I am not sure how the impatient me was able to not find out what gender of our first baby was. I can't wait until 10/28 to find out what this baby is!
4. I dream about affording a house cleaner daily.
5. The subway sandwich I just ate was really tasty. I am wondering what my second lunch should be.
6. I can't wait for our first real family vacation in 2 weeks.
7. Sometimes I find Jack doing such crazy things that I often just stare at him for several minutes until the shock subsides and I realize that nobody else is going to clean him or it up. (See below)
8. Sometimes I am really and truly proud of the crazy messes and disasters Jack comes up with.
9. Jack gives Josh more kisses and hugs. I can't blame him. Josh is pretty kissable, but sometimes I am jealous.
10. There is nothing sweeter than little baby lips puckered up on your face.
11. I witnessed Jack folding his arms and closing eyes for 2.5 seconds for a prayer and I still can't get over how neat that was to see.
12. Josh and I are so proud of our little family that we often look at each other in amazement and I have the feeling of a rush you get when the roller coaster first starts it descent down the tracks . It is such a rush of joy to all be together.
13. I am fat.
14. I love cool mornings.
15. If you are reading this, I love you too.





Jack looks like he was in trouble, but he wasn't. I couldn't be more proud of a little boy doing exactly what he should be doing after a good rain.

Not even Africa was to blame for this mess, but she seemed pretty impressed herself. Mud and boys go together perfectly and wash off just as easily.


Sometimes it is difficult to remove the entire child from such situations.

2 comments:

Aubrie said...

I loved loved loved this post. Jack is so sweet and adorable. You should be proud and full of joy to have such a family. You are not fat...you're PREGNANT.

And, I love you, too.

Becky said...

Love it!