Dear Jack,
In 3 months you will be one. The first well documented year of your life is almost over and now you will slowly become more of a little boy and less of our little baby. Soon I will be saying a bunch of "remember whens." I will say "remember when Jack started rolling over and instead of crawling he would roll and then scoot backwards to get to where he needed to go? "Or "remember when Jack started to recognize us as the true constants in his life and became weary of other people holding him that wasn't us?" What a good feeling that is.
Unfortunately, as of today I can say "remember the first time Jack rolled off the bed?" Sorry about that. You were busy playing on my bed and I thought you would be content in that one spot while I quickly used the ladies room (some of us had to trade in our diapers). I had the good sense to put a pillow in between my bed and the dresser, but I did not have the good sense to know that you are much too busy to stay still and of course fell right onto the floor. You had a quick recovery, but I would like to request that nothing ever happens to you again no matter how minor. Ever!
It is so fun to say "we have a son." Your dad comes home and immediately looks for you. You seem to know that the sound of the garage and the hustle of the dog means your dad is home. You starting kicking your legs and squealing in delight. As a result you teach us to look forward to the arrival of each other no matter how short our departure is. That is one of many good lessons you teach us. I will confess early that I might be a little jealous of the bond you will have with your dad when you are a little older. You are so sweet together now, but I can tell that you are going to be the best of friends. I wouldn't want it any other way, but I hope you will leave the garage occasionally to help me cook in the kitchen.
I went to peek on your sleeping self the other night like I usually do and was struck with a sudden overwhelming joy that you are mine. You are mine! You were curled up sweetly wearing your monster pajamas and holding your lovie. I looked down at you in the glow of the night light and thought " I can't believe that you, dear son, are all mine."
6 comments:
Some pretty kick ass pics there. good work.
i LoVVVVee your LeTTERS ! They aRE simpLy the B E S T !!
I agree with Shye-I love your "Dear Jack" letters! He sure is a cutie! By the way, Happy Birthday, You!!
I love little Jack, and I don't want him to grow up! I want him to be perfect and adorable as he is right now....well, I guess he always will be perfect and adorable...but I just love that little boy like crazy!
Hope you had a good birthday and fun in BHC.
I can't believe he's going to be 1 soon! The time flies so fast, some times I want to cry over it. HE IS SO STINKIN CUTE!
Cute letter and pics! Wow! Almost one! We haven't even met the cute little dude! You better tell us when your in Utah again.
Post a Comment