Monday, September 7, 2009

Dear Jack.....



Dear Jack,

You are 8 months old! Here are some funny things about you that I don't want to forget.


Attending church with you is always interesting. You are too big to just store in your car seat for three hours, but not big enough to just let you explore and entertain yourself. The shuffling back and forth between your father and I must be pretty entertaining for you and everyone else. Some babies just poop and move on with life, but you make it an event every time. You grunt and carry on to the point that one of us has to take you out of the classroom until you are finished. When you have pooped then that is a whole other issue that I usually get to take care of. You almost cleared out the changing room yesterday.


I sure love your huge melon. Sometimes I think it is too heavy for you because you often try to rest it on things. This morning you were doing one of your pushups and must have gotten tired quickly because you rested your head on your dad's pillow. I can tell you are using that to store a lot of knowledge already!

The stroller is your new favorite thing. You lean forward and clamp your mouth over the cup holder tray for as long as possible. It is the funniest thing. No matter where I turn or how bumpy the road you don't let go.



Last night I checked on you while sleeping and found you on your stomach in the opposite direction of where I placed you to begin with. You had your pacifier in your hand and would not let it go. This morning I found you in a completely different position with the pacifier in your mouth. I suppose you want to try driving today too don't you?

You are on the verge of crawling and I am afraid babyhood is almost over for you. Pretty soon you will be crawling and then walking and will be much too busy to be the helpless baby you are now. That makes me sad except for the fact that I have these cute shoes I can't wait for you to tromp around in.

You are sitting up on your own and grinning so much your nose wrinkles now. I love, love, love your smile. Your Dad and I crack up over pretty much everything you do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWE...Kasha. You're such a sweet Mommy!

I love little Jack so much!!!

Heather and Kyle said...

I love these posts, they're really cute. and I love you!