Dear Jack,
You are 7 months old! Say it isn't so! Time sure flies now that I am a mom. Most of the time that is a good thing, but now that I am starting to forget what it was like to hold you as an infant, I wish time would slow down. Everyone says you are looking more and more like your father. I agree, but I think your get your intelligence from me. You are so smart! I can put you down on your tummy on one spot and then two minutes later when I return you are 3 feet away on your back! You also have some incredible tricks like sticking your foot or both feet in your mouth. You love to grab for things, especially food. You have eaten every kind of food I have given you so far. Your dad says you get that from me as well. You really impressed me the other day when you took your pacifier out of your mouth and then put it back in.
I sometimes get anxious for your future. I have so many things to teach you. I sometimes worry about something happening to us and if you would be OK. More than a Will, I am more concerned about leaving you with the knowledge of prayer. If you were to ever find yourself alone, I would want you to know that you are never alone and that prayers really are answered. I can't count how many prayers I have had answered in the last 7 months alone. I hope you can someday have the same assurance as well.
You really love it when I read to you. There is one book that has touch and feel animals in it. I used to force your hands over the pictures and now you reach your hand out on your own to touch. I am sure one day you will say "mom, you can stop being amazed at EVERY little thing I do" and I will just say to you dear son, "I will never stop being amazed by you." You make us laugh a lot now and you are not even talking. I can't wait to hear what you have to say.
1 comment:
You are so sweet, Kasha. I hope one day (NOT in the near future) that I can be a good mom like you.
Those pictures in the previous posts with the Gma's are so sweet!
Post a Comment