Saturday, January 10, 2009


She was wrong. After taking my blood and getting the approval for an epidural my contractions got a little stronger and more frequent. I had the best anesthesiologist and loved my epidural. Josh was an awesome support through the contractions and epidural and then we got to sleep our way through labor. The nurse checked me around 4 in the morning and I was at 6 cm. I slept some more and then at 7:30 I was at 9 cm. The nurse was very pleased with how fast things were going and that I didn’t need any medication to help the process. Poor Josh slept through the check where the nurse discovered I was at a 9 and I was thinking in a minute Josh is going to be half asleep thinking he is having a very weird dream. The Dr came in a 30 minutes later and said we were ready for a baby! The epidural was so fantastic I had to have the nurse and Dr tell me when to push. I had a huge quiet room with just Josh, a sweet nurse, and my kind Dr gently guiding me every few minutes for about 20 minutes. It was unbelievably peacefully and easy! I was waiting for the hard part, but there was never anything that was difficult. With Josh encouraging me and the baby cooperating perfectly I only pushed for about 20 minutes and it was time to meet our baby.

1 comment:

Burgess said...

I'm so happy that it all went so well! I have to come and see that cute little guy soon!