Thursday, January 22, 2009

Dear Jack.....




Dear Jack,
Today you really outdid yourself with your diaper. It was the messiest ever! As I was putting on a new diaper you accidentally peed on your cute outfit. So I changed you again and put on a new outfit, but as I picked you up I could hear you pooping again in your brand new diaper! Good thing I put the onesie on that said “I love mommy!”

Dear Jack,
I should really put you down right now. I have a bathroom and kitchen to clean up. I am starving, and I think the mail just came. ……but you are curled up asleep on my chest, You have your bum in the air and your little legs tucked under you and crossed much like you were in the womb. Your little arms are folded underneath like you are already so reverent! Every time you exhale you sigh a little and I don’t think I have heard a cuter sound. I’m not going to put you down. In fact, I have tears hitting the top of your cute little head because I just want to hold you forever. You are ten days old today and the Dr. said you are going to be a big boy. I know it is not possible, but I really want you to always be my little boy asleep and adorable, like you are now. I would like to never put you down.

Dear Jack,
You should know your Dad and I are different people because of you. I don’t know how we ranked before, but we have a greater love in our hearts than we ever thought possible. Your Dad has worked really hard to have a career as a firefighter hoping you will someday be proud of him, and he has just completed his certification as a personal trainer so he can provide for you, for us, even more. Your Dad looks for you as soon as he gets home, and while his is doing chores around the house he has to stop by and stare at you for a very long time several times throughout the day. I can hear your Dad telling his friends on the phone about you and he keeps saying how cute you are. I have never heard him say “cute” before, let alone this many times.

Dear Jack,
I hope I can be a good Mom to you. I hope you know how much I love you.I am sorry if you are asleep and cozy in your bed and I pick you up and possibly disturb you. I can't help myself, I just can't resist squeezing you as much as possible. I hope you know how much your Dad loves you. I hope you know how grateful we are to our Heavenly Father for blessing us with you.

Dear Jack,
Thank you for being our Son.


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh man, that was such a sweet post! You totally almost made me cry it was so sweet! He is a lucky little boy...and so dang cute!!

The Metcalf's said...

How sweet! Glad things are going well for you. He sure is adorable!

TL said...

Kasha,
I miss you and can't wait to meet Jack. Hope I can come take his picture soon. You are a beautiful family! Congratulations!
Tina

Becky said...

Ohhhh! So cute! I love the little letters to him. What a cute idea!

Unknown said...

You are such a cute little family! Your sweet comments bring back very fond memories! You are such a sweet Mom. Sure wish we lived closer. Can't Wait to meet Jack. What a neat way to keep a journal. Love you guys!

simplyshye said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this idea !!! i can't even stand it ! i'm so bawwwling . this is so perfect kasha - you guys are already so great at this parent thing ! look at you go :-)
snaps snaps to you !!! loves -- shye

Burgess said...

It's so true that you never want to put them down! I feel the same about Izzy and he's 3! Doesn't it hurt your feelings to think that someday he'll be taller than you and you'll have to beg him for a hug? Let's not think of that now, though...

P.S. I just read on Becki's blog that you came to this part of town for a visit and you didn't even tell me!! I don't want to be friends anymore. I can't believe you deprived me seeing that cute little thing in person!

Marily said...

Got a little teary-eyed. So sweet.