Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Pregnancy Tips for Success

1. Don't move into a new house 3 weeks before you are due. No explanation necessary right?
2. Bring an extra pair of pants and underpants everywhere you go! Let's face it people, accidents happen because SNEEZES happen.
3. If you are already up and anywhere near a restroom- Go! Otherwise as soon as you are in the least convenient location to go to the bathroom, you will inevitably have to go badly.
4. When strangers ask you when you are due tell them "you are not pregnant, but you just ate a big lunch." It is fun to see their reaction.
5. Do not read What to Expect when Expecting. You will EXPECT that everything the book says can go wrong in your pregnancy, will go wrong.
6. If you subscribe to the weekly emails telling you what stage of growth your baby is in, do not forget that your baby does in fact resemble a cute human baby. The updates compare your baby to fruits and vegetables, but at the ultrasounds you will not find a squash or eggplant.
7. When people tell you to live it up and eat what you want because you're pregnant, do it! I have not arrived to the consequence part of all of this crazy eating so I can tell you it is pretty darn fun and delicious.
8. During months 1-6 pay close attention to your feet and how nice it is to tie your shoe laces. After that you will forget what they look like. I would also recommend saving your money on pedicures during months 1-6, and saving that money for the last months. It turns out Josh's many talents don't include toenail painting.
9. I have more tips for success, but pregnancy takes away your memory so write things down or you most likely will not remember later.
10. Don't worry, and just enjoy it! It is the most amazing experience you will ever have......maybe I should wait until after birth to say that.
11. Final tip: even if labor and delivery is not as fun as last year's trip to Disneyland, I hear the outcome is spectacular. So I'm still going to say even though I haven't been there, enjoy it!
12. I forgot
13. I have to go to the bathroom.

10 comments:

Burgess said...

That was funny and OH SO TRUE. I don't know how you moved so close to the end, it would've stressed me out and i probably would've gone into early labor.
Pedicures are also best after you have the kid. You're going to need someone paying you some attention for a change.

khbaird said...

That is pretty funny kasha. I hope you wash your hands........

Marily said...

How funny. I love #19. And, congrats on the house!

becki said...

omg! You are so funny! I would have to say #2 is my favorite... also applies to throwing up if you know what I mean.

simplyshye said...

Kasha ,,,
you crack me up !! I love your sense of laugh -- it makes me smile .. and laugh :-)
loves -- shye

Barnes Blog said...

You are Hilarious!!
I'm so excited that you are having a baby.
I don't know if you even remember me, we were in the ward when you first moved in. Anyway, congrats. and everything you said is true...I am experiencing all those things.
And birth is not bad, at least for me, I know of others where is was not so fun, but I loved it and look forward to doing it again.

Blake and Meg said...

Tip for delivery: Don't go crazy on your "last meal"... you will not enjoy it on the way back up.

Becky said...

Your hilarious!! I remember sneezing and peeing my pants. Here's my tip: Take the drugs!!! I slept, watched movies, and ate popsicles during my labor.

khbaird said...

please update.....

Hannah said...

Enjoy every symptom laden moment. It was good to talk to you earlier today. Happy New Year!