Friday, August 29, 2008

Almost the best post on my blog

I'm sorry for stealing this Becki! I give you all the credit, but it is too amazing not to share. Thanks.

There was this young man and his father...

The son asked his father, 'Dad, will you take part in a marathon with me?'. The father, despite having a heart condition, said 'Yes'.
They went on to complete the marathon together.

Father and son went on to join other marathons, the father always saying 'Yes' to his son's request of going through the race together.

One day the son made a suggestion - 'Dad, let's do the Ironman together.' Again, his father said, 'Yes'.

For those who don't know, Ironman is the toughest triathlon of all. The race encompasses three endurance events of a 2.4 mile (3.86 kilometer) ocean swim, followed by a 112 mile (180.2 kilometer) bike ride, and ending with a 26.2 mile (42.195 kilometer) marathon along the coast of the Big Island. The father and son went on to complete the race together.







1 comment:

Becky said...

I loved that Kasha. Brought tears to my eyes. My nephew has cerebal palsey.